Saturday, Nov. 1, the Thunder opened their wrestling season with a third place finish at the Messiah Invitational. Senior Dan Olsen placed first in the 197 weight class. In the 165 pound class, sophomore Stephen Aiello placed second, with sophomore Jared Fekete placing third to help the Thunder come in at 74.5 points in the tournament.
The swim team attended a dual meet hosted by the University of Chicago to begin their season. The University of Chicago won against both the men and women’s teams, winning 162-64 against the men and defeating the women 136-101. The highlights of the meet for the Thunder were the strong freshmen performances, with Kayla Roberson and Chris Dingfield winning the 200-yard freestyle and butterfly, respectively.
Both the men’s and women’s cross country teams travelled to Decatur, Ill. to compete in the CCIW championships. The men’s team placed third in the meet, with junior Alex Holle leading the men with an 11th place finish. The women’s team made history with senior Emma Shunk winning the CCIW for the second consecutive time, a feat that hasn’t happened in Wheaton history since 1989. Shunk led the Thunder to a second place score of 36 points, behind North Central, who won their 41st consecutive title.
Sports shorts 11/7/14
- With Jiu-Jitsu, Wheaton Students Learn Self-Defense and Other Life Lessons
- Wheaton Cheer, the “Team for Teams,” Brings Spirit to the Sidelines
- New Student Club Wants to Put the Wind Back in Wheaton’s Sails
- For Wheaton Students, Lifting Weights in Chrouser is Both a Release and a Long Journey
- Led by Cruickshank, Thunder Basketball in Fine Form
Be First to Comment