The men’s and women’s swim teams competed in a dual meet against Calvin College last Saturday. The women won their competition, earning 189 points to Calvin’s 111, winning 12 events as well as setting a new school record with Freshman Abby Prince’s 421.71 point performance in the one meter dive, besting the previous school record of 385.55 posted in 1986. The men’s team lost their meet, 157-105, winning four events in the meet.
The Thunder ended their volleyball season last Friday as they lost 3-2 to Millikin in the CCIW Tournament semifinal, losing the final set with a heartbreaking two point loss after pushing the score 20-18. Sophomore Shelby Knowles, senior Andy DeMoss and freshman Hannah Japp each ended the season earning spots on the All-CCIW team.
The wrestling team competed in the Pointer Open tournament last Saturday, with Senior Dan Olsen winning his second tournament in a row at 184 pounds. Freshman Carlos Fuentez had a second place finish at 125 pounds, while senior Mark Savenok came in third at 157 pounds.
Both the men’s and women’s teams competed in the Red White Open meet last Thursday with the women’s team placing fourth of seven teams with 107 points, and the men’s team coming in last in their meet with a score of 73 points.
Wheaton sports shorts for Nov. 14
- With Jiu-Jitsu, Wheaton Students Learn Self-Defense and Other Life Lessons
- Wheaton Cheer, the “Team for Teams,” Brings Spirit to the Sidelines
- New Student Club Wants to Put the Wind Back in Wheaton’s Sails
- For Wheaton Students, Lifting Weights in Chrouser is Both a Release and a Long Journey
- Led by Cruickshank, Thunder Basketball in Fine Form
Be First to Comment